- Selenium Glycinate 200 is a source of antioxidant to help protect against oxidative stress
- Plays a big role in reproduction and DNA synthesis
- Important role in prostate health, helping to maintain healthy levels of Prostate-Specific Antigen (PSA)
- Selenium is a trace mineral that is a key player in several functions your body performs daily. The greatest concentrations are found in the thyroid gland. Selenium is a component of the enzyme that helps convert T4 to T3, producing the active form of thyroid hormone that your body needs.
- Selenium also plays a big role in reproduction and DNA synthesis – and a whole lot more!
- Although selenium is a mineral, it acts as an antioxidant as well by enhancing Vitamin E’s antioxidant activity and also helps replenish glutathione peroxidase, the body’s main free radical scavenger. Glutathione Peroxidase protects us from oxidative damage that can result from stress, radiation, pollution and infections. Now that’s one busy mineral!
- A selenium deficiency is quite uncommon, so why supplement you ask? Well, for a couple of reasons. First, there are some people who do in fact have a selenium deficiency due to a poor diet and gastro-intestinal conditions that impair absorption of the nutrients your body needs to heal and thrive. Second, many studies tell us that having selenium levels above the RDI (recommended daily intake) is when it starts to have therapeutic effects, like lowering PSA for example.
- CanPrev’s Selenium Glycinate 200 provides a therapeutic and optimal form of selenium and is superior when it comes to all-important absorption and gentleness. Thyroids and prostates everywhere will stay healthy and function like they should with selenium glycinate – the all-important but little-known wonder mineral your body will thank you for!
- Selenium (Albion® Selenium Glycinate Complex)* 200mcg
- NMI: Vegetable-grade magnesium stearate, vegetable capsule, microcrystalline cellulose.
- Adults - Take one capsule per day or as directed by a healthcare practitioner